The CE Group is currently accepting applicants for our Summer 2021 internship program. Please submit your resume and cover letter by March 16, 2021 to Nicole Colwell at email@example.com.
As a CE Group intern, you will:
- Gain knowledge and understanding of a variety of aspects in the event, marketing, communications, and creative services industries.
- Develop an understanding of practical applications of theories and concepts learned in university courses (e.g., event planning, communications, public relations, marketing classes).
- Develop an awareness of jobs available within the field and acquire competencies directly related to these jobs.
Compensation: College course credit with occasional paid staffing opportunities
Length: Flexible hours within semester according to school calendar
Requirement: 15 – 20 hours/week
Reports To: Events Director and Project Manager for specific events
Duties included, but not limited to:
- Attend conference calls, meetings, and site visits with project managers and take detailed notes
- Contact and coordinate vendors for events via email or phone calls
- Represent CE Group in a professional manner
- Maintain project related documents with detailed information such as site maps, RSVPs, lists, run of show, check requests, meeting notes, concept decks, etc.
- Research various project aspects, as needed
- Prepare, inventory, and gather supplies
- Assist in project close outs and post event activities by gathering timesheets, invoices, hand writing thank you notes, distributing surveys, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong, personable customer service and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to multi-task and deliver results while balancing multiple projects
- Strong time-management skills, as well as flexibility
- Must be able to work with a team, communicate well, and function within a virtual office environment