The CE Group is currently accepting applicants for our Fall 2021 internship program. Please submit your resume and cover letter by August 20, 2021 to Nicole Colwell at email@example.com.
As a CE Group intern, you will:
- Gain knowledge and understanding of a variety of aspects in the event, marketing, communications, and creative services industries.
- Develop an understanding of practical applications of theories and concepts learned in university courses (e.g., event planning, communications, public relations, marketing classes).
- Develop an awareness of jobs available within the field and acquire competencies directly related to these jobs.
We will begin accepting 2022 Spring Internship applications soon!
Compensation: College course credit with occasional paid staffing opportunities
Length: Flexible hours within semester according to school calendar
Requirement: 15 – 20 hours/week
Reports To: Events Director and Project Manager for specific events
Duties included, but not limited to:
- Attend conference calls, meetings, and site visits with project managers and take detailed notes
- Contact and coordinate vendors for events via email or phone calls
- Represent CE Group in a professional manner
- Maintain project related documents with detailed information such as site maps, RSVPs, lists, run of show, check requests, meeting notes, concept decks, etc.
- Research various project aspects, as needed
- Prepare, inventory, and gather supplies
- Assist in project close outs and post event activities by gathering timesheets, invoices, hand writing thank you notes, distributing surveys, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong, personable customer service and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to multi-task and deliver results while balancing multiple projects
- Strong time-management skills, as well as flexibility
- Must be able to work with a team, communicate well, and function within a virtual office environment
Title: Account Manager, CE DMC
Reports To: National Sales and Marketing Manager, CE DMC.
Description: The CE Group is seeking an Account Manager to fulfill its Destination Management Company (DMC) programs. This person would be responsible for liaising with clients, coordinating logistics prior to a program, and executing a program on site. Qualified candidates will have a knowledge of event planning and execution, as well as a proven record of building and maintaining customer relationships.
*This position is a working title and will fit accurately based on applicant’s experience and expertise.
Duties included, but not limited to:
- Manage projects as assigned by the National Sales and Marketing Manager including but not limited to tours, transportation, conferences, venue management, special events, internal presentations, and marketing campaigns for corporate clients.
- Coordinates and arranges CE DMC project services and logistics such as transportation, rentals, venues or restaurant reservations, decoration and/or supply purchases, signage, permits, and event security.
- Coordinates project vendor needs by contacting, tracking, and confirming vendors to include verifying and/or collecting and entering new vendor information into the database, processing invoices, and verifying invoices to project template.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the event planning market, the CE Group’s competitors, and its unique value proposition.
- During the life cycle of a program present new products and services and enhance existing project scopes.
- Participate in site visits, vendor communications, client meetings, and sales presentations to ensure that clients objectives are being met.
- Coordinates project staffing needs by contacting, tracking, and confirming project staff to include verifying and/or collecting and entering new project staff information, processing time sheets, and verifying time sheets to project template.
- Provides operational logistics such as creating and maintaining vendor timelines, transportation and run of show spreadsheets, site maps, meeting agendas and recaps.
- Develop and maintain project management system to document all tasks, develop timeline and track progress.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Tourism Administration, Marketing, or Hospitality. Commiserate experience may be acceptable pending review.
- 5-8 years’ experience working in the hospitality industry, including but not limited to: venue management, restaurant front of house, hotels, rental companies, or destination management companies.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite software, specifically Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- A knowledge of marketing principles, techniques and tools including CRMs and the creation and tracking of OOH, print, direct, digital, and content marketing.
- A passion for great customer service.
- A strong background in managing projects and operational excellence.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in flexible, high-demand environments where delivering great outcomes for customers is paramount.
- A great team player, who loves being part of a team that supports one another through good attitudes, support, and a drive to produce superior outcomes together.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org