Case Studies › NCAA Final Four Tourney Town
- National Sports Marketing
- DMC Network
Knowing the market
Increase attendance by locals to all fan events.
We have worked with Janet Holliday and The CE Group many times and we knew they would ‘get it’ when it came time to
refresh and renew the fan experience for the Women’s Final Four.
- Analyzed full slate of fan events and suggested sites and schedules that created a “fan epicenter”
- Executed many activities within the epicenter that would otherwise have occurred somewhere unconnected such as utilizing main stage of the concert for start and finish line for a morning 5K run; designated children’s activity for over 2,500 area children to end within the sponsor activation zone
- Created epicenter entrance signage along the perimeter so guests knew they were inside a controlled, entertainment area - the place to be on Final Four weekend
- Utilized signage and event volunteers to direct crowds within the epicenter to all activities
- Used video screens on concert site to broadcast games
- Created and executed the “No Game Ticket, No Problem” marketing campaign alerting locals that they did not need a game ticket to participate and enjoy the weekend’s activities
- All fan events whether free or ticketed experienced record attendance
- All sponsors reported either record activation/lead generation of exceeding pre-event estimates.